Visit me at my main blog!

Friday, March 14, 2008

You. Must. Make. This. Sugar Cookie Cake

I'm sorry, but you simply must make this! Who doesn't like sugar cookies? And cake? Honey, please! I found this recipe on Simple Folk, via Kelli at There is No Place Like Home (both worth a visit). I made it for company last week, then shared the leftovers at church. Everyone loves it, and it couldn't be simpler. I had leftover icing (from these cupcakes), which I put on top, and that was yummy, but honestly? I think I'd prefer it plain. You could also put coolwhip or cream cheese on it and then top it with strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic dessert, along these lines.

Sugar Cookie Cake

3/4 c. cold butter
3 c. flour
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix butter, sugar, and flour into crumbs. Reserving 1 cup of crumbs. To the rest of the crumbs, add the buttermilk to which the 1 tsp. of baking soda has been added. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Top with the 1 cup reserved crumbs. Bake in a greased 9x13" pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes (or until cake tester comes out clean).

1 comment:

bblplyerswife said...

Yes, it is SUPERB! Thank you!